Monday, February 21, 2011

MOTIVATION

I know I just posted but I had this thought on my mind and felt as though I needed to share.  How is it that a person can go as far as he/she does without parents pushing them.  I grew up with a mother who accepted what I can home with (grades).  She never pushed me to pursue higher education.  My biological father was ex-military and worked a factory job all his life so he didn't push me to pursue higher education.  Neither step-father pushed me to pursue higher education so where does the motivation come from to pursue higher education.  I guess it started with me wanting better for myself and for my family that would eventually come along.  I motivate myself to do and be better just for the sake of saying that I accomplished this.  Maybe this is a selfish thought but it is how I feel.  I refuse to give up.  I refuse to be a failure.  I refuse to accept less of myself and my friends.  I accept what their limitation are but I will push them to their limitations.  I do this with myself, my spouse, my children, friends and family (extended).  When I realized that you don't want more, I disassociate myself from that individual and stop offering heal and support.  Same actions for those who betray me as well.  I continue to be and do the best of what is expected of me and I ask that those associated with me do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment