Monday, January 25, 2016

Surround yourself with like-minded people

We are always told to surround ourselves with like-minded women. Sometimes we never know what all of that entails!! Like-mindedness comes in a variety of packages; short, tall, slim, thick, quiet, not-so-much, saved, unsaved, etc..... I was never one who felt the need to have many females for friends or associates but over the past few years I've had to switch up a bit- voluntarily and involuntarily. All for the better. I've been on a journey for a while now which has caused me some transformation. I'm sure some of my family and friends have felt some type of way because I haven't been available as I previously was. Just know that I'm the same person even though I have changed. I'm less angry, more forgiving, and living in my God-given purpose. It took me some time to understand this and took me some time to embrace this along with the fact that I would have to interact with numerous women. My sister/friend, Kelisa Brown, told me years ago that once I align my life with God and find a good church then and only then would things change for the better. I resisted for years only to become obedient in 2014. Obedience was key!! This has not been an easy journey and I continue to stumble from time to time but I would not change it.  Throughout this journey God has provided me with some good strong God-fearing women to mentor me and step beside me.  With this being said I have been able to take on the challenges that comes with providing secure platforms for women to share their emotions and be transparent so that they can heal.  I am able to be transparent as I heal.  Nothing better than not being judged for your past, present, and expectations of an outstanding future!!  Self-evaluation and self-reflection. Do you like who you are? What will your legacy say about you years from now? Are you fulfilling your God-given purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment