Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Constructive Criticism

Good morning family and friends. Happy Wednesday!!! Today is one of those days that started with me receiving some constructive criticism. Constructive criticism is always good when you know how to apply it in your life. There are a lot of individuals who will criticize just because they can while offering you no productive solutions. Needless to say, when life gives you lemons- make lemonade, I always have. On this journey to entrepreneurship people have shown me some things that I expected, didn't expect, taught me some lessons both good and bad, and there were some who were honest enough to tell me when I needed correcting. They did not let the "Doc" hinder them from being who they were genuinely designed to be and for that I am appreciative. I am the same individual that I was before the PhD, before the "Doc," before the LPC, etc........ I helped people then like I help people now. I am genuinely who I was designed to be minus some of the profanity (still working on this one). When you develop your platform, brand, audience, etc.... you become more aware that you may be able to influence people and when you influence them you desire for it to be on a positive level. I've had negative influences and at a time or two I have been a negative influence. The lesson is learn from it, grow from it, apply what benefits you, keep it moving, and possibly use it as part of your testimony (if it benefits the population you serve). I have found that my vision is much bigger than I am so I have to choose my words accordingly as not to loose someone who I may be trying to reach. Whatever your job, career, profession, vision, dream, or tribe consists of make sure that you have genuine people within that circle who is going to tell you the truth, good, bad, or indifferent. Real friends won't allow you be look or act foolish, unless that's what you do for a living! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment