Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When It Rains

Well each day brings a new adventure, some pleasant some not so pleasant.  I see that it has been a few weeks since I wrote a blog.  It hasn't been because everything has been good or bad.  It has just been.....  I took a part-time gig writing articles for an online newspaper thinking that I was making at least a dollar an article.  Only to find out that I am actually making a half a cent each time someone views the articles.  I may have cleared a dollar over the past month.  I don't know if I am disappointed or not.  I was just pleased to find out that people were actually reading my articles.  I haven't been writing the four articles a week over the past two weeks but I have been writing at least two each week just for the sake of writing.

Being a parent of a teenager is difficult.  Sad part my daughter is just entering her teeenage years.  Will we get through these years without killing each other?  I think so but it is going to be a difficult journey because she is actually younger than everyone in her grade which makes her a little less mature in some areas that they deal with on a regular basis.  She has book sense and is lacking a little in the common/ street sense area.  We recently found out that she had a boyfriend.  Yes, we were shocked.  Shocked because all of her friends (with the exception of 1) had dated this little boy.  My daughter has seen him kissing all over girls, he is a juvenile delinquent, no stable parents, etc.....  All of the wrong choices for boyfriend material.  I guess you like who you like......

Well my husband is still laid off, no success in finding a job (thus far).  We are barely skating by.  Bills get paid but that's it.  There is no extra.  Found out today that I may no longer have a job because we have lost a few clients and he can't afford to pay me.  I understand but what are we going to do financially.  God always makes a way!!!!

I did find out that I can take the course I need to take in order to get my CAC and the HOPE grant will cover the expenses.  I just have to get the application filled out, HOPE application completed, transcripts and immunization records sent to the college by May 1st.  I am procrastinating but I intend to get it completed by the time line.

My mentor finally sent back my worksheet and I may be able to begin writing my chapters.  Well we will see what happens next.  Take each day as it comes.  In the words of Jesse Jackson, Keep hope alive!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment