Monday, October 13, 2014

Branding Myself

I have been asking myself a question....  How am I supposed to brand myself when I don't know who I am and what I want???  I am re-learning who I am outside working on a dissertation, my children, and my husband.  Who is Demetria???   What does Demetria want???  Who does Demetria desire to help??  Who does Demetria desire to empower????  Does Demetria want to be rich???  Or does Demetria want to be well-off successful, healthy, and have peace of mind??  All these are questions which I have and/or have been presented with over the past few weeks since learning that I have to narrow my specialty.   I have learned that I enjoy helping people through supporting and empowering them.  I have learned that I enjoy helping people who want to help themselves.  I have learned that everybody that says they want better doesn't always mean it.  I have learned that I am successful with those whom I help who actually had a goal.  I have learned that it is not always about money but making a difference.

In learning to narrow down my specialty or my "niche,"  I do know that I enjoy coaching and I enjoy working with teenage girls, women, and couples.  I have narrowed my niche to these few so know I must learn how to be most valuable with these populations.  In order to do this my mind must be clear.  Ha Ha!!  My mind is never clear so this is a task within itself.  I am putting myself on a time schedule to have this goal completed by:  November 15th.  My target market will be identified and I will be able to spot my potential "tribe."  Looking for successful, motivated, self-starting women who have gotten lost in the rat race just like me.  It's always easier for me to get someone to the next level but have difficulty following my own advice.  Oh well, work to do- on myself!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I recently realized I have been in survival mode for that last 30 plus years. Living the life others told me I needed to live. I have choice to stop and get to know me, find my calling in life, that purpose God choice only me for.I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete